Southern Highlands Divorce Lawyer
Southern Highlands Separation Lawyer
At our firm, our Southern Highlands divorce lawyers know our clients are dealing with what is, at best, an emotionally tough process. In case you need a divorce in Southern Highlands and would like to talk with a member of our firm, you can be sure your questions are going to be met with genuine concern for your family’s welfare. If you have a chance of reconciliation, we can help you. If you find no chance of reconciliation, we could assist with the divorce process.
Contact a Southern Highlands divorce attorney right away for a confidential consultation with a divorce lawyer Southern Highlands. Contact us right now if you are seeking legal help with a Southern Highlands family law matter.
Divorce can be likened to a high-risk business transaction; you must know you can depend on your partner. During the process of divorce, which involves reorganizing the legal, financial, and social relationships between you and your spouse, you can depend on our Southern Highlands divorce lawyers to keep focused on your needs and the well being of your children.
Our Southern Highlands divorce lawyers help clients with all aspects of divorce. Our Firm can help our clients with all related topics and areas of Family Law:
- Divorce in Southern Highlands
- The way to file for divorce
- Divorce settlements
- Dangers of do-it-yourself divorce
- Your kids and your divorce
- Child custody, visitation, child support
- Division of community property
- The marital home
- Your professional practice
- High-asset concerns for athletes or artists
- How to uncover hidden assets
- Other asset protection strategies
- Spousal support
- Spousal support modifications
- Post-decree modifications
- Dissolution of domestic partnership
- Legal separation
- Divorce mediation
- Dangers of divorce mediation
We value your trust and confidence. For years, our lawyers have given Southern Highlands families and individuals with legal representation along with sincere concern for their well being. Once you contact us to assist you together with your divorce, you are going to talk with an attorney, not merely a paralegal or other employee.
Call a Southern Highlands divorce attorney immediately for an absolutely confidential consultation with a divorce attorney Southern Highlands. Phone us now if you are looking for legal help with a Southern Highlands family law matter.
Dissolution of a Marriage (Divorce):
1) What are the grounds for dissolution of marriage?
Each State is different, for example, California was the very first state to apply the “no-fault divorce” concept. In a no-fault state, dissolution of marriage can be granted if the court discovers there to be “Irreconcilable differences” that have brought on an irrevocable breakdown of the marriage.
For that reason this means that in case a married person wishes to end the marriage, he/she can do so, even when the other spouse disagrees.
2) Are there any residency requirements in order to obtain dissolution of marriage?
In order to qualify for Divorce Southern Highlands (dissolution of marriage), one of the spouses must have been a resident of the state for a continuous six month period and of the county for a continuous three month period prior to the filing of the Petition for dissolution.
3) After the dissolution case is filed, how much time can it take to get the marital status terminated?
Marital status cannot be terminated until six months have passed after the service of the Summons and Petition had been affected.
4) What’s the procedure for obtaining Divorce (dissolution of marriage)?
A typical dissolution of marriage calls for the following steps:
- The Petition (Family Law) is filed and personally served on the Respondent.
- The Respondent then has thirty days to file a Response (Family Law).
- One of the parties in the dissolution will most likely request temporary court orders by filing for an Order to Show Cause hearing. At this hearing, the judge can make temporary child custody, support and restraining orders.
- The parties then engage in Discovery. This is the process where parties of the dissolution exchange information and files that are related to the case. One of the essential aspects of discovery is the preparation of the Preliminary Declaration of Disclosure. This is a court form in which every party lists the community and separate properties. Together with this disclosure, the parties are also required to exchange current Income and Expense Declarations. Other forms of discovery are interrogatories (written questions) and depositions (oral examination under penalty of perjury).
- After the discovery is completed the parties and their lawyers (if they are represented) will talk about settlement of the case. If the case is sorted out by agreement, one of the attorneys will create a Marital Settlement Agreement that will contain all of the terms of the agreement. This is a contract that is signed by the spouses and their attorneys.
- In case the parties are unable to agree on all of the issues in the case, a trial is going to take place.
- After the parties sign the Marital Settlement Agreement or right after the trial has come to the conclusion, one of the attorneys will prepare a Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage.
This is the document that has all of the court’s orders. The judgment is filed and the court mails a Notice of Entry of Judgment to each attorney.
Call a Southern Highlands divorce lawyer today for a confidential consultation with a divorce lawyer Southern Highlands. Call us today in case you are seeking legal help with a Southern Highlands family law matter.
Southern Highlands Divorce Lawyer
Are you currently dealing with a Southern Highlands Family Law Matter? Call immediately for help. We handle these types of family law matters:
- Legal Separation
- Summary Dissolution of Marriage
- Child Custody/ Visitation
- Child Support
- Establishing Parentage
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Civil Harassment Restraining Orders
Southern Highlands Divorce Lawyer
The word divorce means dissolution or the legal end of a marriage. Each and every state has its own specifications governing when a divorce may be allowed, which includes a residency requirement and grounds or a cause for the divorce. There are both fault-based and no-fault based grounds for divorce. These, too, vary from state to state; although “irreconcilable differences” and “irretrievable breakdown” are typical no-fault grounds for divorce. The states also differ with regards to the distribution of the marital property, alimony, child custody and visitation, and child support.
The dissolution of a marriage generally is one of the leading reasons behind emotional problems in a person’s entire life. This can be very hurtful emotionally, mentally, and financially – and deciding to end the marriage and splitting up the personal belongings and the shared assets can be difficult. If there are children involved, a difficult situation can become contentious and even violent.
A Southern Highlands divorce is always a painful period of time for all parties involved, and it is necessary to know the specific laws pertaining to divorces in your region so that the procedure is as painless as is possible. Laws regarding divorces usually change from state to state and perhaps from county to county, and it’s important to have somebody on your side who knows how to navigate through the courts in your jurisdiction to help you minimize time and effort along the way.
Phone a Southern Highlands divorce lawyer today for a confidentialconsultation with a divorce attorney Southern Highlands. Call us today in case you are looking for legal help with a Southern Highlands family law matter.
Having the courts to allow a divorce involves a complicated and lengthy procedure that can be draining, from the initial separation to the final decree. Guidance coming from professionals like our Southern Highlands divorce lawyers will help make the divorce process go more easily so it is much less physically and financially stressful for both parties. A family law attorney can certainly make certain that the proper documentation is filed and that each and every alterative is looked into to reduce the emotional and financial costs. A divorce lawyer can also assist a couple look for mediation when it is a viable option.
If you’re facing a divorce, make sure that you have seasoned representation. A Southern Highlands divorce lawyer is someone who specializes in family law matters and who assists people dealing with a divorce or legal separation secure their property and safeguard their legal rights and who is aware of such complex issues as petitions, spousal support, and child custody agreements and can make sure that an already unpleasant experience does not grow to be even more taxing that it has to be. Shield yourself – phone one of our lawyers today.
Phone a Southern Highlands divorce lawyer immediately for an absolutely confidential consultation with a divorce lawyer Southern Highlands. Contact us now if you are seeking legal help with a Southern Highlands family law matter.
Relentless Advocacy in Pursuit of Your Legal Goals
Competitive Rates & Low Cost Consultations
Trial Lawyers Who Are Former Prosecutors
Personalized & Compassionate Service
Five-Star Reviews from Our Past Clients
Over 40 Years of Combined Experience