North Las Vegas Divorce Lawyer
North Las Vegas Separation Lawyer
In our firm, our North Las Vegas divorce attorneys fully understand our clients are dealing with what is, at best, an emotionally difficult process. In the event that you need a divorce in North Las Vegas and would like to speak with a member of our firm, you can be sure your inquiry will be met with sincere concern for your family’s welfare. If you have a possibility of reconciliation, we will assist you to. If there is no chance of reconciliation, we could assist with the divorce process.
Phone a North Las Vegas divorce lawyer immediately for a confidential consultation with a divorce attorney North Las Vegas. Phone us today if you are looking for legal help with a North Las Vegas family law matter.
Divorce could be compared to a risky business transaction; you must know you can rely on your partner. In the course of the process of divorce, involving reorganizing the legal, financial, and social associations between you and your husband, you can count on our North Las Vegas divorce attorneys to keep focused on your needs and the welfare of your kids.
Our North Las Vegas divorce lawyers assist clients with all aspects of divorce. Our Firm can help our clients with many related topics and areas of Family Law:
- Divorce in North Las Vegas
- How to file for divorce
- Divorce settlements
- Dangers of do-it-yourself divorce
- Your children and your divorce
- Child custody, visitation, child support
- Division of community property
- The marital home
- Your professional practice
- High-asset concerns for athletes or artists
- How you can uncover hidden assets
- Other asset protection strategies
- Spousal support
- Spousal support modifications
- Post-decree modifications
- Dissolution of domestic partnership
- Legal separation
- Divorce mediation
- Dangers of divorce mediation
We give importance your trust and confidence. For several years, our lawyers have given North Las Vegas families and individuals with legal representation along with genuine concern for their well being. Once you call on us to assist you together with your divorce, you are going to talk with an attorney, not merely a paralegal or other staff member.
Contact a North Las Vegas divorce attorney immediately for an absolutely confidential consultation with a divorce lawyer North Las Vegas. Contact us now if you are seeking legal help with a North Las Vegas family law matter.
Dissolution of a Marriage (Divorce):
1) What are the grounds for dissolution of marriage?
Each State is different, for example, California was the very first state to use the “no-fault divorce” concept. In a no-fault state, dissolution of marriage can be given if the court discovers there to be “Irreconcilable differences” which have prompted an irrevocable breakdown of the marriage.
For that reason this means that when a married person desires to terminate the marriage, he/she can do so, even if the other spouse disagrees.
2) What are the residency requirements in order to obtain dissolution of marriage?
In order to get Divorce North Las Vegas (dissolution of marriage), one of the spouses must have been a resident of the state for a continuous six month period as well as of the county for a continuous three month period prior to a filing of the Petition for dissolution.
3) Right after the dissolution case is filed, how long will it take to have the marital status over?
Marital status cannot be ended until 6 months have passed after the service of the Summons and Petition was affected.
4) What is the process of obtaining Divorce (dissolution of marriage)?
An average dissolution of marriage requires the following steps:
- The Petition (Family Law) is filed and personally served on the Respondent.
- The Respondent then has thirty days to file a Response (Family Law).
- One of the parties in the dissolution will most likely request temporary court orders by filing for an Order to Show Cause hearing. At this hearing, the judge can make temporary child custody, support and restraining orders.
- The parties then engage in Discovery. This is the process by which parties of the dissolution exchange information and files that are relevant to the case. One of the necessary aspects of discovery is the preparation of the Preliminary Declaration of Disclosure. This is a court form in which every party lists the community and separate property. Together with this disclosure, the parties are also required to exchange latest Income and Expense Declarations. Other forms of discovery are interrogatories (written questions) and depositions (oral examination under penalty of perjury).
- After the discovery is completed the parties and their attorneys (if they are represented) will discuss settlement of the case. If the case is sorted out by agreement, one of the attorneys will create a Marital Settlement Agreement that will include all of the terms of the agreement. This is the contract that is signed by the spouses and their own lawyers.
- In case the parties are not able to agree on all of the issues in the case, a trial is going to take place.
- Once the parties sign the Marital Settlement Agreement or right after the trial has concluded, one of the lawyers will make a Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage.
This is the document that has all of the court’s orders. The judgment is filed and the court mails a Notice of Entry of Judgment to each attorney.
Phone a North Las Vegas divorce lawyer today for an absolutely confidential consultation with a divorce attorney North Las Vegas. Call us now in case you are seeking legal help with a North Las Vegas family law matter.
North Las Vegas Divorce Attorney
Are you currently dealing with a North Las Vegas Family Law Matter? Phone us today for help. We take care of these types of family law matters:
- Legal Separation
- Summary Dissolution of Marriage
- Child Custody/ Visitation
- Child Support
- Establishing Parentage
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Civil Harassment Restraining Orders
North Las Vegas Divorce Lawyer
The word divorce means dissolution or the legal conclusion of a marriage. Each state possesses its own specifications regulating when a divorce may be allowed, including a residency condition and grounds or a cause for the divorce. There are both fault-based and no-fault based grounds for divorce. These, too, change from state to state; although “irreconcilable differences” and “irretrievable breakdown” are standard no-fault grounds for divorce. The states also vary with respect to the distribution of the marital property, alimony, child custody and visitation, and also child support.
The dissolution of a marriage can be one of the leading reasons for emotional problems in a person’s entire life. It can be very painful emotionally, mentally, and financially – and choosing to end the marriage and splitting up the personal property and the shared assets can be overwhelming. If there are kids concerned, a hard situation can become contentious and even violent.
A North Las Vegas divorce is always a painful period of time for all parties involved, and it is necessary to understand the specific laws pertaining to divorces in your area so that the procedure can be as easy as is possible. Laws and regulations about divorces usually change from state to state and perhaps from county to county, and it’s essential to have somebody on your side that knows the best way to navigate through the courts in your jurisdiction so that you can decrease time and energy along the way.
Call a North Las Vegas divorce attorney immediately for an absolutely confidential consultation with a divorce lawyer North Las Vegas. Call us right now if you are seeking legal help with a North Las Vegas family law matter.
Having the legal courts to allow a divorce involves a difficult and time-consuming process that is often draining, from the initial separation to the final decree. Assistance from professionals like our North Las Vegas divorce attorneys can help get the divorce process run more easily so that it is less physically and financially stressful for both parties. A family law lawyer can make sure that the right documentation is filed and that each and every alterative is looked into to minimize the emotional and financial costs. A divorce lawyer can also assist a couple seek mediation if it is a viable option.
If you are facing a divorce, be sure that you have skilled representation. A North Las Vegas divorce attorney is somebody who is an expert in family law matters and who helps people facing a divorce or legal separation secure their property and defend their legal rights and who knows such complicated issues like petitions, spousal support, and child custody agreements and will ensure that an already painful experience does not become even more demanding that it needs to be. Take care of yourself – call one of our attorneys immediately.
Call a North Las Vegas divorce attorney today for a confidential consultation with a divorce attorney North Las Vegas. Contact us today if you are seeking legal help with a North Las Vegas family law matter.
Why Choose Our Las Vegas Family Lawyers?
Relentless Advocacy in Pursuit of Your Legal Goals
Competitive Rates & Low Cost Consultations
Trial Lawyers Who Are Former Prosecutors
Personalized & Compassionate Service
Five-Star Reviews from Our Past Clients
Over 40 Years of Combined Experience