Spring Valley Divorce Lawyer
Spring Valley Separation Lawyer
At our firm, our Spring Valley divorce attorneys know that our clients are undergoing what is, at best, an emotionally tough process. If perhaps you need to have a divorce in Spring Valley and would like to talk with a member of our firm, you can be assured your questions are going to be met with sincere concern for your family’s welfare. If you have a possibility of reconciliation, we will assist you to. If there is no possibility of reconciliation, we can assist with the divorce process.
Call a Spring Valley divorce lawyer today for a confidential consultation with a divorce attorney Spring Valley. Contact us today if you are seeking legal help with a Spring Valley family law matter.
Divorce can be compared to a high-risk business deal; you must know you can rely on your partner. Throughout the process of divorce, which involves reorganizing the legal, financial, and social relationships between you and your spouse, you can depend on our Spring Valley divorce lawyers to remain focused on your needs and the well being of the kids.
Our Spring Valley divorce attorneys assist clients with all aspects of divorce. Our Firm can help our clients with all related topics and areas of Family Law:
- Divorce in Spring Valley
- How you can file for divorce
- Divorce settlements
- Risks of do-it-yourself divorce
- Your children and your divorce
- Child custody, visitation, child support
- Division of community property
- The marital home
- Your professional practice
- High-asset concerns for athletes or artists
- How to uncover hidden assets
- Other asset protection strategies
- Spousal support
- Spousal support modifications
- Post-decree modifications
- Dissolution of domestic partnership
- Legal separation
- Divorce mediation
- Risks of divorce mediation
We value your trust and confidence. For several years, our lawyers have provided Spring Valley families and individuals with legal representation along with genuine concern for their welfare. When you call on us to help you with your divorce, you will speak with a lawyer, not merely a paralegal or other staff member.
Phone a Spring Valley divorce lawyer immediately for a confidential consultation with a divorce lawyer Spring Valley. Call us today in case you are looking for legal help with a Spring Valley family law matter.
Dissolution of a Marriage (Divorce):
1) Just what are the grounds for dissolution of marriage?
Each State differs, for instance, California was the first state to use the “no-fault divorce” concept. In a no-fault state, dissolution of marriage can be granted if the court finds there to be “Irreconcilable differences” which have caused an irrevocable breakdown of the marriage.
As a result it means that when a married person wishes to terminate the marriage, he/she can do so, even if the other spouse disagrees.
2) What are the residency requirements for you to obtain dissolution of marriage?
So that you can get Divorce Spring Valley (dissolution of marriage), one of the spouses must have been a resident of the state for a continuous six month period and of the county for a continuous three month period prior to the filing of the Petition for dissolution.
3) Once the dissolution case is filed, how much time can it take to get the marital status over?
Marital status cannot be terminated until 6 months have passed since the service of the Summons and Petition had been affected.
4) What is the process of obtaining Divorce (dissolution of marriage)?
A typical dissolution of marriage calls for the following steps:
- The Petition (Family Law) is filed and personally served on the Respondent.
- The Respondent then has thirty days to file a Response (Family Law).
- One of the parties to the dissolution will usually request temporary court orders by filing for an Order to Show Cause hearing. During this hearing, the judge can make temporary child custody, support and restraining orders.
- The parties then engage in Discovery. This is the process where parties of the dissolution exchange information and documents that are relevant to the case. One of the essential elements of discovery is the preparation of the Preliminary Declaration of Disclosure. This is a court form where each party lists the community and separate property. Together with this disclosure, the parties are also required to exchange latest Income and Expense Declarations. Other forms of discovery are interrogatories (written questions) and depositions (oral examination under penalty of perjury).
- Right after the discovery is completed the parties and their attorneys (if they are represented) will talk about settlement of the case. If the case is resolved by agreement, one of the attorneys will create a Marital Settlement Agreement that will have all of the terms of the agreement. This is a contract that is signed by the spouses and their lawyers.
- In case the parties are unable to agree on all the issues in the case, a trial is going to take place.
- Once the parties sign the Marital Settlement Agreement or right after the trial has concluded, one of the lawyers will prepare a Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage.
It is a document that contains all of the court’s orders. The judgment is filed and the court mails a Notice of Entry of Judgment to each lawyer.
Call a Spring Valley divorce attorney right away for a confidential consultation with a divorce attorney Spring Valley. Contact us today in case you are looking for legal help with a Spring Valley family law matter.
Spring Valley Divorce Lawyer
Are you going through a Spring Valley Family Law Matter? Call right away for help. We deal with these kinds of family law issues:
- Legal Separation
- Summary Dissolution of Marriage
- Child Custody/ Visitation
- Child Support
- Establishing Parentage
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Civil Harassment Restraining Orders
Spring Valley Divorce Attorney
The word divorce refers to the dissolution or the legal conclusion of a marriage. Each state has its own specifications governing when a divorce may be granted, like a residency requirement and grounds or a reason for the divorce. There are both fault-based and no-fault based grounds for divorce. All these, too, differ from state to state; while “irreconcilable differences” and “irretrievable breakdown” are common no-fault grounds for divorce. The states also differ with respect to the division of the marital property, alimony, child custody and visitation, and also child support.
The dissolution of a marriage generally is one of the leading reasons for emotional problems in a person’s entire life. This could be extraordinarily painful emotionally, mentally, and financially – and making the decision to end the marriage and splitting up the personal belongings and the shared assets can be overwhelming. If there are kids involved, a difficult situation becomes contentious and even violent.
A Spring Valley divorce is always a distressing period of time for all parties involved, and it is important to know the specific laws related to divorces in your area so that the process can be as easy as possible. Laws regarding divorces often change from state to state and perhaps from county to county, and it is important to have somebody on your side who knows how to navigate through the courts in your jurisdiction to help you lessen time and effort during the process.
Phone a Spring Valley divorce attorney today for an absolutely confidential consultation with a divorce attorney Spring Valley. Contact us right now in case you are seeking legal help with a Spring Valley family law matter.
Getting the legal courts to give a divorce involves a complicated and time-consuming procedure that can be draining, from the initial separation to the final decree. Assistance from professionals such as our Spring Valley divorce attorneys will help get the divorce process go more smoothly so it is much less physically and financially stressful for both sides. A family law lawyer can make sure that the right documentation is filed and that every alterative is looked into to reduce the emotional and economic expenses. A divorce attorney can also help a couple look for mediation if it is a viable option.
If you are dealing with a divorce, be sure that you have knowledgeable representation. A Spring Valley divorce lawyer is someone who is an expert in family law issues and who assists people dealing with a divorce or legal separation protect their property and safeguard their legal rights and who understands such difficult issues as petitions, spousal support, and child custody agreements and can make sure that an already unpleasant experience does not grow to be even more demanding that it has to be. Protect yourself – phone our attorneys right away.
Phone a Spring Valley divorce attorney right away for a confidential consultation with a divorce lawyer Spring Valley. Call us now if you are looking for legal help with a Spring Valley family law matter.
Relentless Advocacy in Pursuit of Your Legal Goals
Competitive Rates & Low Cost Consultations
Trial Lawyers Who Are Former Prosecutors
Personalized & Compassionate Service
Five-Star Reviews from Our Past Clients
Over 40 Years of Combined Experience